During times of crisis, nonprofits must often take on much more than their share of the burden. As we all prepare for dealing with the disruptions caused by COVID-19, I thought I would share this excellent Guide sent out by the Massachusetts Nonprofit Network – with language taken from the Maine Association of Nonprofits. Here are some things to consider.
- How will you protect your employees if they are on the front line and how will you handle an increase in employee absences?
- What is your definition of a “mass gathering?” I’ve heard everything from 15 people to 250 people. What does it mean to your organization?
- Optics matter – how are you communicating with your constituents and what are your actions communicating?
- Have you considered event insurance to mitigate the costs of potentially having to cancel an event?
- What is your contingency plan for replacing lost revenue?