Everywhere in America, fundraisers are planning year-end activities, trying to raise as much as they can before December 31st. So do that data dig, get your lists in place and take a look at my list of the top 10 things you need to do to get ready …
- Is your year-end appeal ready to be mailed and your Giving Tuesday strategy in place? (If not, hurry up!)
- Do you have your reminder letter ready to go? (Don’t leave any donor stone unturned?)
- Are you all set to make your phone calls to remind your best donors to give (if they haven’t already)? (PS – you need your list to be in good shape and ready to go)
- BOARD MEMBERS – HAVE YOU MADE YOUR GIFT YET? (It’s time)
- Did you update your voicemail letting those special donors know how to reach you if you’re not in the office and they want to make a special gift? (Hey, you never know!)
- Is your tax and estate attorney on speed-dial, just in case someone wants to make that complicated planned gift? (It happens ….)
- Did you take a minute to call and thank your best donors? (It is so rewarding) (Do you know who they are?)
3. In all the craziness – did you remember to breathe today? Pace yourself – you still have a few weeks to go.
- Are you tallying up how much you’ve raised this year …. Giving USA wants to know!
- Have you decided how to relax and replenish? Be good to yourself. You deserve it. And get ready …. I think 2017 is going to be a very good year.