LEAP – Leadership Enrichment for Advancing Professionals
The LEAP Program consists of 7 three-hour sessions and 1 six-hour session designed to build a foundation of skills and awareness.Facilitators share their experience, expertise, and insights while engaging the proficiencies of all participants; this happens in presentations, group discussions, research and case study analysis, simulations, home assignments, and action planning activities. The immediacy of the learning experience encourages thoughtful application and experimentation with ideas and best practices.
- Building Your Own Leadership Style
- Governance and Management
- Implementing a Vision and a Plan
- Financial Management and Program Based Budgeting
- The Right People for the Right Job
- Crisis Management and Communication
- Fundraising and Marketing
- Putting it all Together
“With the hands on aspect to training, you actually get to practice implementing what you are learning and hear the collective wisdom and differing opinions in the room”- 2015 LEAP Participant
Please click on the attachment for a description of each of the sessions.
Each session affords the learning-leader the opportunity to take useful, positive actions back to their home shop
- Apply new skills
- Utilize new knowledge
- Moderate incremental change
- Address transformational change
- Engage in short- and long-term planning
- Ahare content with board and staff
Facilitators offer continuity throughout the comprehensive workshop series by providing a platform for appropriate change and incremental improvements through active leadership.