From time to time we like to consider the perspective of our Director of Goodwill (DOG), Atka and channel her thoughts. In that spirit, here are Atka’s musings on what we learned in 2020 and aspirations for 2021:
Over the past year, I’ve been hearing my human say how hard things have been…But, to be honest, this has been the best year of my life! My human was home so much more, I got to go on more walks, and I spent almost every day outside! I know there are lots of humans that need help staying happy and being positive in the New Year, and as the Director of Goodwill, that’s what I’m here for! From my perspective, here are a couple of lessons we’ve learned this past year that we can hopefully keep in our back pocket to make sure 2021 is brighter.
1) Enjoy the little things: I love it when my human buys me new food and takes me on an extra-long walk! I have also seen lots of new walking trails, smelled lots of new smells, and my owner has gotten me lots of different yummy treats!
2) Focus on what matters most: My human still works long days, but I love when she snuggles up with me after dinner and we get to relax in our cozy home. I miss seeing my co-workers every day, but I am so happy when they stop by and play with me outside!
3) Make time for your passions: For me, it’s exercise. I love to run, jump, and play outside! I come in and out of the house all the time so that my humans have to get up from their seats to let me out!
4) Give it all you’ve got: I love to give myself a new challenge every once in a while, whether it’s jumping over a fence or teaching myself a new game. Whatever I do, I do it until I master it so I can impress my human and her friends!
5) Be nice: I’m constantly making new friends on my walks, and I always wag my tail to let everyone know how happy I am to meet them. I hardly ever growl, and I make sure to be very appreciative to everyone who shows me love (which is everyone)!
The past year has been hard for so many, but I am so lucky to have been able to play more, love more, and spend more time with the humans I love. Happy New Year to all my two and four-legged friends!